30 Minute Meatless Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
Sticky Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup dry long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon non dairy butter
- 1 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (sub tamari or liquid aminos)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
Teriyaki Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon oilve oil
- 1-2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 10-15 frozen meatless chicken strips
- 1 cup Easy and Healthy Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a large pot heat 2 1/2 cups water over high heat until boiling. Once boiling add non dairy butter, and stir in rice. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- When your rice is done cooking, fluff with a fork and toss with rice vinegar, soy sauce, and coconut sugar.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a small sauce pan over medium high heat for yourEasy and Healthy Teriyaki Sauce. When your teriyaki sauce is thick, set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add in your broccoli florets and sauté until the oil is nearly gone from the pan.
- Add in frozen meatless chicken strips and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, pour on 1 cup of teriyaki sauce over the broccoli and chicken and stir continuously for 5-7 minutes.
- Divide rice between 2-3 bowls, and top each bowl with an even amount of broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- EAT UP!
Errbody loves a good ole bowl of teriyaki chicken. When I was a kid we ate it at least once a week. However, if you look at the back of that teriyaki sauce bottle it’s basically just sugar. And if you’re eating it at a restaurant, there’s probably even worse things hidden inside. See, that freaks me out. I like to know what I’m getting myself into before I put anything into my mouth. I find that it’s a generally all around good rule for life.
So I set out to demystify the teriyaki chicken bowl, first by making an Easy & Healthy Teriyaki Sauce that you can make at home in just 20 minutes. The second thing I wanted to do was replace mystery meat with guaranteed vegetarian meat from the store. Obviously, you can still use real chicken if you want. But the frozen kind has come such a long way, and I guarantee you won’t know the difference!
So now we really can have it all! A teriyaki chicken bowl that we can eat almost every day if we really wanted! I’m not gonna stop you. Or judge. This is a judgment free zone. Which is good, ’cause I ate this for breakfast the other day. SO….. oops? NO JUDGEMENT! Just all the yummy good healthy delicious things.