Apricot Peach Grapefruit Rosé Popsicles
These Apricot Peach Grapefruit Rosé Popsicles are the perfect adult treat for a sunny afternoon or brunch party! Drink (eat?) up!
- 1 bottle dry rosé
- 1 white peach
- 2 apricots
- 3/4 - 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- Slice your peach and apricots into thin slices, and layer them into your popsicle molds.
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup into each mold, over your fruit.
- Fill up your molds 1/2 of the way full with grapefruit juice.
- Fill up the other half with rosé.
- Add on your popsicle lids, or stick in a popsicle stick and cover the top of the mold with tin foil.
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve dipped into a glass with a small amount of left over rosé at the bottom.
- EAT/DRINK UP.
Tomorrow I leave for LA. I’ll spend ten days there, fly back home, then take off two days later for Marfa, Texas. *(Follow along on snapchat SN: brewinghappines)* As I type those words, I start to feel like a giddy school girl. Traveling lights up something magic inside of me. I love the idea of going places, getting onto the next thing, moving forward. But along with that excitement comes a tendency to see the “next phase” through rose (or rosé lol) colored glasses. I can always see the good in the next place, but what about now? What about here? Enjoying this exact moment is hard. It’s one of the great ironies of being human.
And as I sit here watching my rosé popsicles melt (into sangria? slop-sicles???) I am reminded of how quickly this moment can pass. There is beauty in looking forward to the future, in seeing the world through a peachy lens. But the truth of this life is that we have one body, and it comes with no guarantee or warranty. It sounds so stupidly cliché, but we aren’t promised any moments but this exact one. For good or for bad, we’ve got right here – right now. I think there’s some great beauty in that. And if you can’t see that beauty – create it. Fight for your moment to moment happiness. Create a life full of giggles, and dancing, and smiles, and rosé popsicles – remembering that they melt quickly. So enjoy ’em now. Enjoy it all while it lasts.