Avocado Honey Mustard | Saucy Sunday
- 1 ripe avocado
- ⅓ cup nonfat greek yogurt (sub vegan mayo or unsweetened soy yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey (sub maple syrup or agave)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add to salads, skewers, sandwiches, etc.
- EAT UP.
Since the recipe has avocado, it will brown quickly. So eat up ASAP and store in the refrigerator!
I have a legitimate obsession with honey mustard. I have already made healthy honey mustard two ways for a Saucy Sunday post, and here I am again making another honey mustard sauce. Why add avocado to honey mustard you ask? Well because it makes it thicker, creamier, and even more delicious than ever before. Plus it’s some nice healthy fat in the mix. WHAM. BLAM. SAUCE. I put mine on veggie skewers ’cause why the heck not? I find that honey mustard works on almost anything, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
Now for some articles ‘n things I found especially interesting this week, I hope you love ’em too.
- Apparently the sugar industry paid off scientists to blame heart disease on saturated fat instead of sugar. WTF.
- I love this article about the most innovative women in food – talk about inspiring!
- This is one of the best articles I’ve ever read about INTUITIVE EATING. yes yes yes.
- I’m rewatching Parenthood finally, and I’m convinced that there is LITERALLY NO BETTER SHOW ON TV EVER. All the tears/feels.
- If you don’t follow Nayyyirah Waheed on Instagram, you’re missing out on a major dose of poetic inspiration.
- Wanna come over and eat chickpea nuggets with me?
- Why did I not think of making granola tarts with yogurt and fruit for breakfast? GENIUS.
Okay, that’s it. Have a beautiful week! BYEEEE.