Baked Blueberry Granola Bar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup medjool dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your oats, brown rice flour, cashews, dried blueberries, chia seeds, chopped dates, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add in your nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix until everything is coated evenly.
- Grease a 9x12 baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper. Press your granola bar mixture into the pan to create an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool COMPLETELY in the pan, before removing and slicing.
- EAT UP.
Another name for these bars could be “better than Clif Bars.” Seriously. I’m addicted to the blueberry crisp bars they make, but I’d always rather make something like that at home. It eliminates all of the mystery ingredients and is way less expensive. So I set out to make something better and more delicious. Damn it if I didn’t succeed. I’m really freaking excited about these. Cause they’re the only granola bar recipe I have (so far) on my blog, I wanted to make them the best of the best. I wanted to make my ultimate granola bar. These are what’s up.
Let’s face it. Granola bars are an essential part of life. Because sometimes, we just don’t have time. For a-ny-thing. Life is exhausting at times. There are days where my eyes feel sunken into my face, and I end up just staring at my pantry and either eating nothing or eating everything. On those days it is especially helpful to have a delicious granola bar waiting for you. It takes away all of the guesswork. And granola bars are there for you when you need them most – in your car, on the train, in class, at work, before your workout, at the gym, etc, etc.
So enjoy all of the healthy REAL FOOD ingredients that come packed in these squishy, delicious and sweet granola bars. May they be your friend in times of stress. May they provide you sustenance when you need it most. May they make your mouth do a happy dance.