This post was sponsored by Harvest Snaps. Thank you for supporting the partnerships that allow Brewing Happiness to grow and exist. xoxo.
Light & Fresh Blender Bloody Mary for Mother's Day
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, vegan or regular
- 1/2 tablespoon tobasco (sub hot sauce of choice)
- 3 fluid oz vodka, divided
- 1 cup Tomato Basil Harvest Snaps
- 2 pinches flaky sea salt
- lemon wedges
- green beans
- Tomato Basil Harvest Snaps
- Remove the stems from your tomatoes, and cut them in half. Add your tomatoes, tomato juice, lemon juice, garlic cloves, grated ginger, Worcestershire sauce, and tobasco to a high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Crush or blend your Tomato Basil Harvest Snaps into crumbs. Add to a bowl with flaky sea salt. Run your lemon wedges along the rim of two glasses. Dip your rim in the crumb/salt mix.
- Add ice and about one shot of vodka to two glasses. Evenly divide the bloody mary mix between the glasses and stir. Garnish with celery, green beans, and more snaps.
- EAT UP!
My mom and I are the lightweights of the family. It’s just one of the many ways in which we are similar. We’re also the ones who appreciate art, theater, and sprinkles on our chocolate cake. She’s where I got my love for french fries and icing. She’s where I learned empathy. She’s a great hugger and and an even better mother. I feel so lucky.
Truthfully, my dad is the one in our family who loves Bloody Marys, but I thought if I add in enough veggies my mom could get on board too. And I think these blender bloody marys are the best way to liven up a Mother’s Day brunch. I mean, I’m going on a hike for Mother’s Day this year, but who doesn’t want a boozy post-hike treat?
I think every mother deserves to kick up her heels and celebrate the fact that she successfully raised kids without murdering them. I’m not sure I could do it. lol. It’s a celebration worth having. So break out your blender and make mom the best dang bloody mary she’s ever had. This one is light and fresh and citrus-y and has a nice kick to it.
Plus the salted rim has got some delicious tomato basil flavor from all them snaps. I think the best bloody marys have good salted rims and all the goodies inside. It’s like a garden of fresh flavor in your mouth. Your mom will love you for it. xoxo