Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats Parfait
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- greek yogurt (sub non-dairy yogurt)
- coconut flakes
- sunflower seeds
- dried blueberries
- Add 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup apple juice, juice of 1/2 lemon, and maple syrup into a blender. Blend well.
- Add the blueberry blended mix to a large jar or bowl, and add in your oats, sunflower seeds, dried blueberries, and chia seeds. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, divide the blueberry chia oat mixture into 3-4 bowls and top with optional toppings or don't and just EAT UP.
I eat the same thing for breakfast EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. Seriously. For a food blogger, I lack a serious amount of creativity in the breakfast realm. But it’s not because I don’t have ideas for other breakfasts – it’s because I LOVE what I eat. It’s always a fruit and yogurt parfait with nut butter, granola or muesli, and honey. And I’ve been eating this for a solid 6 months. Every morning. Except something changed this week. I woke up, and wanted something different. I didn’t know what, but I knew it was time for a change.
It’s too hot for oatmeal and I don’t ever crave savory in the morning (I wish I did.) So no avocado toast for me. So basically I just took exactly what I’ve already been eating and changed up the assembly of the ingredients, and out came a SUPER DELICIOUS breakfast. It feels different enough that I’m satisfied, and my tummy is happy with all of the clean delicious flavors it’s receiving.
The secret to this oat/chia pudding thing is the combo of REAL blueberries with natural apple juice and lemon! The blueberries give such a great and fresh flavor, the apple juice provides a natural sweetness, and the lemon keeps it fresh and tart. (Plus the lemon helps rev up your metabolism in the morning!) So this is one breakfast that will keep you going for quite a while! I think I have an official new breakfast for the next 6 months of my life, and hopefully this will help you sort out your breakfast plans too!