Carrot-Chickpea Slaw Sandwich
Carrot-Chickpea Slaw Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup green beans, chopped about 1/2" long
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (sub liquid aminos)
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8-10 slices of bread
- arugula (sub spinach, romaine, mixed greens, etc.)
- avocado slices
- Mix all of your carrot-chickpea slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Layer your sandwich with arugula (or any other chosen lettuce), carrot-chickpea slaw, avocado, and bread.
- YUM. Eat up!
This is a combo of ingredients that I often have in my fridge, and one day I decided to put them all together and see what happened. The result was magic. Pure magic. Plus it’s SOOOO EASY. I love “slaw” because it’s basically just a throw some stuff in a bowl and enjoy kind of deal. And this one is especially great because of all the healthy goodness inside. Your chickpeas and almond butter provide protein that will hold you over. The coconut chips provide healthy fats, unique flavor and a nice crunch. Your asian flavor shines through with the ginger and soy sauce, and the greek yogurt is a great healthy alternative to mayonnaise in regular “slaw.”
My favorite part about this slaw sandwich, is that it can be eaten both ways. The sandwich is great for a picnic or a lunch at home, but the slaw can be eaten all by itself for a quick snack or even for lunch at work. It makes your life much easier, because it’s basically two meals in one.
It’s a big ole bowl of yummy freshness. And so much health-ier than a regular “slaw” sandwich that you would eat in the south (or really anywhere.) I promise that it will make you full. I promise you will be happier and healthier after eating it. Just give it a chance.