Chocolate Protein Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened protein powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl combine flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the flaxseed is congealed, add it to a large bowl along with all other ingredients (except the nut butter). Mix until well combined.
- Divided the batter into a greased muffin tin, and top each muffin with 1 teaspoon of nut butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out and let cool in the muffin tin.
- EAT UP!
Is this basically just an excuse to eat cupcakes for breakfast? Well, kinda. Maybe. Yes, yes it is. But these cupcake muffin beauties have tons of good things inside of them like protein powder, flaxseeds, and nut butter. AND GUESS WHAT? There is no sign of an egg or dairy or even refined sugar, cause when we ball out for breakfast we do it the health-ified way. So there! Take that world. These are gonna be my go-to on-the-go breakfast from now on, because they only take 25 minutes to make, only one bowl, and I nearly always have the ingredients on hand. Plus, they’ll fill you up and keep you full/energetic for quite a while. Gotta love a breakfast that actually does it’s job!
You can literally use any brand of protein powder you want to in these babies, I just suggest that you find an plain and unsweetened kind. Because the muffins are already sweetened and flavored, so you don’t wanna go making it taste funky or making it SUPER DUPER SWEET. No one needs to spike their blood sugar first thing in the morning. Save that till after lunch… or never.
K so basically these are fluffy-moist-cupcake-muffin things that you should make for yourself, cause it will save you time in the morning and who doesn’t love a good chocolate + nut butter combo!?! Exactly. EVERYONE LOVES IT. K kewl. bye.