Cilantro Lime Jalapeno Hemp Dressing
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey (sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over grain bowls, salads, or just dip stuff in it!
- EAT UP.
I worked really hard this week to create a health-ier cocktail sauce recipe, and just failed miserably. Super miserably. Like, there’s no salvaging this kind of miserable. So I threw it away, curled up in bed and tried to forget my failures.
But as I was lying there, a voice in my head gave me this recipe. It said, stop beating yourself up – just make a sauce that you know you’ll like (and use hemp seeds!) I think the hemp seeds part was inspired by my ladies Will Frolic for Food and Kale & Caramel, ’cause they’re always doing amazing things with hemp hearts. (Yes hemp hearts and hemp seeds are the same thing.)
You can buy hemp seeds almost anywhere in the health food section. They’re packed with protein and blend into a super creamy dressing! So it’s perfect. Add in some lime, cilantro, and jalapeno and you’ve got yourself a dressing to remember! BOOM. Success.
Now here comes the part where I tell you things you should read/watch, ’cause I already read/watched them and fell in love. So you’re welcome. Enjoy your Sunday!
- Did you know that Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart are signed on to do a cooking show together??? I’M SO EXCITED.
- This choreography to Needed Me is EVERYTHING.
- If you’re a woman in this world, you should read this. It’s so important. And also the best thing I’ve read in a while.
- I think it’s time we all start an F*** it list.
- This golden sunflower gazpacho sounds easy and delicious and I want all of it.