This post has been sponsored by Amy’s Kitchen. Thank you for supporting the partnerships that allow Brewing Happiness to grow and exist. xoxo.
Creamy Avocado Mint Dressing
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 heaping tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (sub lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
BLEND until smooth.
Use on salads, sandwiches, flatbreads, grain bowls, and more!
Green Goddess Flatbread
This Green Goddess Flatbread with Avocado Mint Dressing is the perfect, light summertime pizza (flatbread) snack. Who doesn't love healthy pizza?
- 1 frozen Amy's Spinach Pizza
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup leeks, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup arugula
- 1-2 tablespoons Creamy Avocado Mint Dressing
Preheat your oven to 425.
While the oven is heating, sauté your onion, leeks, olive oil, salt and pepper in a pan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, lay your unwrapped frozen spinach pizza on a baking sheet and sprinkle your onions and leeks on top.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing, topping with arugula, and drizzling on avocado mint dressing. (You can also just dip the flatbread right into the dressing.)
This past week I threw a little summer solstice dinner party with Amy’s Kitchen. And if you follow me on social media you might be tired of hearing about it already. But I HAD to give you the recipe for this sauce and this flatbread before I stopped talking about it. Mostly because I got an overwhelming amount of compliments on this dish. It was the crowd favorite of the evening. It’s so healthy for you and green and summery and delicious. The flavor combo of pizza and leeks and arugula and avocado and mint might sound crazy, but I promise it will all make sense once it is in your mouth. And the dressing itself is so versatile, you can use it on almost anything! Try it on salads (like my Tempeh Green Goddess Salad), sandwiches, flatbreads, grain bowls, and more! It’s a really unique dressing to shake up your lunch or dinner with. Just do it.
Okay now here are a few of my obsessions from the past week…
- Can I be obsessed with my own video? Well, I am. I made a teaser video of my dinner party and I think it’s really pretty and I also just wish you could have been there in person.
- AMY’S CANDY BARS. Say whaaaaa? Oh yes. They’re like organic versions of all the classic candy bars and they’re AMAZING BEYOND BELIEF. You can get ’em at Whole Foods an other places.
- I just binge watched the first season of You’re The Worst. It’s a great LA based comedy about love if you’re into that sort of thing.
- This week’s episode of This American Life addresses the fat shaming stigma we have in America (and the world.) It’s really compelling.
- This article written by a nutritionist about what healthy means is SO RIGHT.
Okay dats it. Enjoy summer. Enjoy life. Enjoy flatbread. Enjoy delicious sauces. Enjoy your enjoyment.