Easy Almond Butter Chocolate Shell
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao or coco powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Heat a small pot over low heat. Add all of your ingredients and whisk until the coconut oil is melted and everything is well incorporated. (This should only take about a minute.)
Once smooth, take the sauce off the heat and pop into the freezer for 1-2 minutes, just to let it thicken - don't let it harden!
Pour your sauce over fruit, over ice cream, etc. And freeze or refrigerate until hardened. (About 5 minutes.)
I’m generally not a fan of the fruit + chocolate combo. Like, I HATE chocolate bars with raspberries or orange in it. I just want some pure, unadulterated chocolate. But then, about once a year I get a huge hankering for real fruit with that fruit chocolate melted all over it. I guess that once a year hankering was this week ’cause this was YUM. Plus, the addition of almond butter gives it a unique flavor and a *smidge* of protein. So it makes a great after school or just life snack. I’m all about it!
Now that the sauce talk is out of the way, here are some things you should read/watch this week…
- Bon Appetite voted this year’s best restaurant in America Staplehouse in Atlanta, GA! And the story of how it started is so heartbreaking and beautiful that it will make you cry.
- Apparently wearing a choker is not just a 90s trend, but a power move through the ages.
- If you have trouble falling asleep, this is an interesting article to consider.
- Here’s why you can’t stop eating bread + fries.