Easy and Healthy Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (sub liquid aminos)
- 1/4 cup honey (sub coconut nectar or maple syrup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- In a small bowl mix together your cornstarch and water, and set aside.
- Heat a small pot over medium-high heat. Add in your water, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Stir.
- Just as it begins to bubble, add in your cornstarch mixture and stir continuously for 7-10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and set aside for 5-10 minutes to let it congeal.
- EAT UP!
My posting schedule is changing! You might be thinking… “Haley, I didn’t even know you had a posting schedule!” Well, I do. So now you know. And now I’m changing it up to be more exciting and fun for all of us! So here is what you can expect to see from Brewing Happiness from now on…
- TUES/THURS: New recipes!
- WED: New recipe video on my YouTube channel! (Are you subscribed yet?)
- FRI: New Friday Food Feelings on my YouTube channel!
- SUN: SAUCY SUNDAY!!!! (aka. a new sauce recipe + my favorite things of the week!)
So today, Sunday, will now be a day full of saucy ideas and recipes! I think sauces in cooking are oh so important, and it’s really hard to find healthy sauces in the store. So I’m on a mission to health-ify your favorite sauces in the easiest way possible. That way we can be healthy pros in our kitchen. BOOM. So I hope you enjoy this week’s Healthy and Easy Teriyaki Sauce. It’s SUPER LEGIT. And way easier than you would imagine. (Plus, teriyaki sauce is such an easy go to for stir fry dinners, or lunches!) Pour that shizzz on errything.
So here is an official list of everything that I became obsessed with this week. ENJOY!
- There’s a new season of Chef’s Table on Netflix and it’s literally the most beautiful and well executed short form documentary ever.
- My favorite blogger, Laura Miller, released her cookbook Raw Vegan Not Gross and it’s the best thing ever. I’ve already tried two recipes and they were so good I almost cried.
- I did a workshop centered around Brene Brown’s book Daring Greatly, and it reminded me how much better this world would be if we were all just a little bit more vulnerable. I highly recommend reading it.
- Sam Beam & Jesca Hoop blew my mind in concert. You should listen to the full album Love Letter for Fire.
- I found this amazing artist on Instagram who makes mesmerizing videos of her mixing oil paints. WATCH.
What were your favorite things this week? Let me know! And I hope you enjoyed the first installment of saucy Sunday! MUWAH.