this post is sponsored by bob’s red mill. thank you for supporting the partnerships that allow brewing happiness to grow and exist. xoxo.
Times are strange and we could all use a little extra wellness and comfort right now. This Golden Immunity Milk recipe will give you that—it’s no less than a hug-in-a-cup. Immune-boosting and super easy to make, you might even find it helps you cut down on your coffee intake.
We’re relying heavily on our bulk pantry items right now so of course we’re stocked on Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats . Bob’s Red Mill is our long-time favorite for grains and flour so we’re out to get creative with how we use their lovely products during this time. We’ve let you know the Best Ways to Use Your Oats so you can maximize the versatility of your oats—boredom not welcome here. Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill Extra Thick Rolled Oats, this Golden Immunity Milk is super creamy and luscious without being too thick—nobody wants to feel like they’re guzzling down a hot smoothie.
Get your immune system kicked into gear and your cozy capacity filled. It’s Golden Immunity Milk time.
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Thick Rolled Oats: they bring the creamy goodness in, y’all
- Sesame Seeds: making healthy happen—we’ll tell you more below
- Raw Honey
- Coconut Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Turmeric: puts the “Golden” in “Golden Immunity Milk”
- Ginger Powder: warm and cozy
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper: helps to increase your body’s ability to absorb the turmeric and all it’s nutrients!
- Hot Water
High Speed Blender Fine Mesh Sieve Electric Kettle Bob’s Red Mill Organic Thick Rolled Oats
Like we said, this recipe is truly simple. The first thing you’re going to do is put all your ingredients into a blender. One caveat: if your blender isn’t heat safe, use cold water instead of hot water, then when your Golden Immunity Milk is finished, heat it on the stove.
So what’s going in that blender? 3 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Organic Extra Thick Rolled Oats, 3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds, 2 tablespoons Raw Honey, 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder, 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon Ginger Powder, 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper, and 3 cups Hot (or cold) Water.
Phew! That’s a long list of little ingredients, but you’re about 90% of the way to Golden Immunity Milk now. Great work.
Blend your ingredients on high for 20-30 seconds. Das it.
Strain all that goodness through a fine mesh sieve. You could also use a nut milk bag for this task—the important thing is that you get the pulpy parts of your Oats and Sesame Seeds out of the mix so you’re accomplishing that perfect creamy-but-not-too-thick texture we’re looking for.
*For Non-Heat Safe Blenders*
You’ll add cold water to your blender in step one. Blend it, just like step two. Then instead of Step Three, you’ll strain your drink right into a pot, where you’ll heat it over medium heat until it’s your perfect cozy drink temperature.
Divide between two of your favorite mugs and share with a loved one. Drink up.
What makes it an immunity drink?
Alright, we know it’s easy to make, we know it’s delicious. But how does this Golden Immunity Milk help you stay golden? It’s all about what goes into it, of course. Let’s talk about the health-boosts and immunity jumpstarters in some of our ingredients.
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Thick Rolled Oats! These are obviously a star player for us right now. Oats are one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat. Not only are they high in protein, they’re low in calories and contain soluble (easy-to-absorb) fiber. Just half a cup of oats has 20% of the daily recommended intake of Iron and Zinc in them. Among other minerals and vitamins, you’re also getting a healthy dose of B Vitamins in your oats. Oats are antioxidant rich and can help with blood pressure levels and blood flow. Honestly, we could go on, but instead we’ll show you the Best Ways to Use Your Oats so you can switch it up when it comes to how you get all this goodness in your diet.
- Sesame Seeds! These babies are a folk medicine favorite. They’re another great source of fiber and can help with cholesterol if eaten on the reg. Sesame Seeds pack a punch of plant-based proteins (say that ten times fast) which is great for non-meat-eaters and carnivores alike. Sesame seeds are also here to support your bones! They’re a big source of calcium in a small package.
- Coconut Oil! Superfood, baby. Coconut Oil contains fatty acids, which help support your awesome brain to function at top capacity. Also great for your skin, hair, and nails, and we’ve found a spoonful of Coconut Oil can help with digestion to get things moving.
- Turmeric! Ever-praised for immune-boosting, turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory affects and antioxidant properties too. It helps your body multiply the antioxidant function its already got going on, which is really nice of turmeric if you ask us. When you’re feeling down, turmeric helps pick you back up.
- Cinnamon! It tastes sooo good. But that’s not all there is to love. Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants—a study showed it even beats out garlic and oregano when it comes to supporting antioxidant activity and those guys aren’t kidding around. Cinnamon can help regulate metabolism and lower blood sugar levels too. And did we mention? It tastes. So. Good.
Those are some highlights, but lemon juice, ginger, and raw honey are also nice treats for your immune system. Blend these all together and you’ve got yourself the most comforting, health-promoting Golden Immunity Milk in town. Remember to check out the Best Ways to Use Oats too so you can maximize your pantry contents!
Enjoy and stay golden, everybody.
Golden Immunity Milk
This Golden Immunity Milk Recipe uses pantry staples like oats and sesame seeds to create warm, cozy drink that will boost your immune system!
- 3 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Honey Raw
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice About ½ Lemon
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Ground
- ¼ tsp Ginger Powder
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper Ground
- 3 Cups Water
For Heat Safe Blenders
Heat water to 200℉, or to a boil then turn off heat.
Combine all other ingredients to the blender pitcher, fill with the heated water and blend on high for 20-30 seconds.
Strain into 4 cup measure and divide between 2 mugs, enjoy.
For Non Heat Safe Blenders
Combine all ingredient, blend on high for 20-30 seconds.
Strain liquid into a sauce pan, heat to a light simmer and whisk.
Divide between two mugs and enjoy.