Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk + 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- a dash of pepper
- Add your non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar to a mason jar. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add on the lid and shake it up!
- Toss in all of your other ingredients, and shake until everything is combined.
- EAT UP!
Since the 4th of July is tomorrow, I thought to myself, “What is the most American dipping sauce I could make?” So I did a quick google search, and it turns out that no – it’s not ketchup. It’s ranch. Good ‘ole fashioned ranch dressing. As a kid I loved ranch dressing with my veggies (or even on my pizza!) But basically ranch is utter crap for your body. So I set myself on the same mission I always do… health-ifiy the crap out of it.
So instead of buttermilk, I used non dairy milk and apple cider vinegar which will curdle like buttermilk, but it’s like way less fat ‘n stuff. Then I traded out regular mayo for vegan mayo, and sour cream for greek yogurt. The rest is basically the same, but it makes a ranch that taste delicious with so much less “junk” in it. It’s a little bit thinner than some ranch, but the taste is the same, so you can use it in all the same ways you use regular ranch : salads, veggies, pizza or whatever!
Now let’s move onto my favorite part of Saucy Sunday. The part where I tell you my favorite things that I saw/read/experienced this wee. I just think it’s nice to talk about the good things at least once a week. The world can use all that positivity.
- STRAIGHT OUTTA OZ from Todrick Hall blew my freaking mind. It’s a visual album of sorts for a musical that he made based on his life story and on the Wizard of Oz. Just watch it. It’s Beyonce level fierce.
- This article from Food52 confused and delighted me. Why do so many people care if Millennials eat cereal or not?
- I sobbed through this whole video.
- I didn’t go through a breakup recently, but I still want this coloring book.
- My mind was blown when I found out how much freaking effort goes into photos of pizza.
What did you find this week that you loved? Comment below – I wanna know!