Last-Minute Pumpkin Mousse
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light or vegan cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 of your favorite chocolate candy bars I used Amy's Crunchy candy bars
- Add cashews to a small pot filled with water enough to cover cashews. Heat over high heat until boiling. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add cashews, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cream cheese, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Crumble candy bars into 4-6 small bowls. Divide pumpkin mousse between each bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- EAT UP!
I made this recipe originally for a twitter Q&A I did with Amy’s Kitchen. I chatted about health-ier desserts, and decided to throw together this little last minute dessert for anyone who is stressed about Thanksgiving. I even made a little recipe infographic for you to reference to make it as easy as possible! It’s gluten free and easily made vegan, incase you have anyone with dietary restrictions coming to your house. And this way you get to focus on more important things happening on Thanksgiving, rather than stressing over the perfect dessert. Plus, I always find it relieving to have a dessert on hand that isn’t super heavy.
If you’re feeling REALLY last minute and still don’t have your full menu planned, you can check out my list of 25 Health-ier Thanksgiving recipes everyone will love OR pick from my compilation of Thanksgiving Thursday recipes…
- Health-ier Pecan Pie Bars
- Balsamic Broccoli Thanksgiving Salad
- Maple Apple Cider Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Sweet Potato Souffle (it’s a health-ified version of my Grandma’s recipe!)
- Healthy Cauliflower Gratin
- Maple Miso Tempeh with Easy Mushroom “Gravy”
- Garlicky Kale Holiday Salad
- Cajun Cornbread Muffins
- Tempeh Stuffed Portobello with Healthy Cranberry Sauce
- Warm Millet Salad
- Healthy Pumpkin Tarts
I hope your Thanksgiving is full of laughter and warmth. I hope that even in the midst of conflict or stress you find a lightness. I hope that you eat dessert with abandon, and forgive yourself. And no matter if you have a family or make a family with friends or become a family to yourself – I hope you hug them all a little closer. I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.