Lavender Grapefruit Sparkler
- 3/4 cup sparkling wine (sub sparkling water for a mocktail)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons lavender simple syrup
lavender simple syrup ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- lavender sprig (optional)
- In a small sauce pot, add your lavender simple syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Let boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat and let sit for 20 minutes. Strain the liquid from the lavender, and chill in the refrigerator until ready to make your drink.
- When ready, add ice to a glass, pour in 2 tablespoons of lavender simple syrup, 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, and top it off with 3/4 cup sparkling wine.
- Stir, garnish with a slice of grapefruit, and DRINK UP.
I feel like Mondays are the perfect day to talk about cocktails, because it gives us motivation to make it through another week. I also feel like Mondays are a great day to talk about parties, because what even is the point of work? You see, this past Friday I threw a little blogger/creatives brunch with my friend Brittni of Paper & Stitch. She took care of all of the design elements, and I took care of the menu. (I’d call that a pretty great partnership if you ask me.) And I’m so excited to share some details with you. (If you want to see ALL of my photos from the event, head on over to my Facebook page!)
The centerpiece of the menu was this UH-mazing parfait bar with help from my friends Wallaby Yogurt, Seven Sundays Museli, and Justin’s Nut Butter. To pair with the parfait bar I made a killer fruit salad, my nut and seed overnight porridge, orange creamsicle chia pudding, my date blueberry bran muffins, and a new chai tea and pear muffin recipe (on the blog tomorrow!)
As for the drinks, we had some infused waters (ie. lavender lemon, grapefruit mint, and cucumber aloe), plus coffee, plus our house cocktail! If you haven’t already guessed, the lavender grapefruit sparkler was our house cocktail. The brunch was at 12pm, and it was the perfect afternoon drink that didn’t leave you feeling groggy the rest of the day. It was refreshing and citrusy and singing with notes of lavender! I was very, very proud of this one.
The great part about the cocktail, aside from it being delicious, is that it’s on the health-ier side of the spectrum. The grapefruit juice helps keep you hydrated while you drink, it’s made with sparkling wine instead of hard alcohol, AND the simple syrup is made with coconut sugar! So it’s not as sicky sweet as regular simple syrup and it adds a really nice flavor to the mix. OH AND it’s so easy to make, that you really have no excuse.
I’m really excited about the gathering of creative souls that happened at this event, and all of the inspiring women I got to meet. I want to continue to do these kinds of events, and I especially want to keep meeting the creative community (especially bloggers) of Atlanta! So if you are in the area – please hit me up! Send me an email or comment below, and hopefully we can do another event like this but with more of you next time! Until then, drink up darlings.