Mango Basil Hot Sauce
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce (sub Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
Chop your basil, and cut your mango into chunks.
Throw all ingredients into a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour over Asian dishes, Thai dishes, tacos, or really anything that requires hot sauce.
Sriracha is one of those ingredients that I both love and hate. I’m sorta with Alton Brown on this one, it’s a bit over used and lacks some complexity. But I do love the spiciness. So I thought I’d combine it with a couple of other amazing flavors – mango and basil – to create a unique hot sauce experience like no other. This goes great on tacos, Asian food, stir fry, Thai food, etc. Basically it will just be your new favorite hot sauce – ’cause it’s sweet and spicy and herbaceous. Just do it. Just try it.
Now here are some links to things you should watch/read/love ’cause they rocked my world this week. And I think your world deserves to be rocked as well…
- No matter if you like Amy Schumer, ya gotta admire the feminine power she has when kicking this man out of her show.
- Can we all just take a moment to admire the #goals that Drake + Rihanna embody? I mean, the VMA speech followed by the Miami performance????? I just can’t.
- California is mandating jail time for people convicted of sexual assault. *Insert a million hand clapping emojis here.*
- The Kitchn came up with an adorable list of things to do in my hometown (Athens, GA) and you should all visit.
- I went to Marfa, Texas (you know – the place Beyonce went to) this past weekend and YOU SHOULD ALL GO.
- I’ve been a little hard on myself recently, and reading this article was really helpful/inspiring. Maybe you’ll love it too?