This post was sponsored by Flatout Bread. Thank you for supporting the partnerships that allow Brewing Happiness to grow and exist. xoxo.
Marinated Mushroom Goat Cheese Wrap
- 3-4 FlatOut's Light Wraps
- 4 oz herbed goat cheese (sub regular goat cheese)
- 2 cups arugula
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons balsamic reduction or balsamic vinegar
for the marinated mushrooms:
- 3 cups shiatake mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + 1 tablespoon for the skillet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos (sub soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinated mushrooms, gently tossing the mushrooms until fully coated in the mixture.
- Heat a skillet over high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add in all of your mushroom mixture and sauté for 5-7 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Begin assembling your wraps by laying your FlatOut wrap down, spreading half of it with about 1 oz of goat cheese, topping that with about 1/2 cup arugula, 1/4 of your marinated mushrooms, and a hand full of sun dried tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of balsamic reduction.
- Roll up your wrap, and slice it into bite sized pieces if you so choose. Then you can pack it for lunch or eat it right up!
So I’m currently very excited about my new dive into the land of YouTube. I now have my own channel which I have been posting new videos to every Wednesday and Friday. And I’ve gotten sucked into the whole world of it. Some of you might know this about me, and some of you might be surprise to find out that I actually have a degree in film. Well, technically my degree is a BFA in Screen Acting. So it’s like a combo of a film degree and an acting degree. Obviously my career and my life went down a slightly different route than I expected, but that’s what makes this YouTube venture so exciting to me. It’s like combining my two loves into one – food + film.
The fun part about YouTube is learning the art of short form cinema. That may sound dumb, but I spent four years learning how to dissect a long form narrative. So when I first started watching short form videos my brain just didn’t compute. So I’ve started to “study” the greats of YouTube. (And by study I mostly mean stare at my computer for hours and dive down a rabbit hole of video after video until I loose all track of time and sensation in my butt.) Some of my personal favorites are Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, Tyler Oakely, and we can’t forget Miranda Sings. But those people aren’t really food people. I have favorites of those as well – Laura Miller’s Raw Vegan Not Gross is the best, I love Hot For Food, and The Kitchy Kitchen as well.
In the middle of my YouTube dive, I found this video by FlatOut Bread, a company that I already know and love. While, their video features a lot of meat – I found so much inspiration from it, and it lead me to making this wrap and my video (which you can watch at the top of the page.) I thought long and hard after watching FlatOut’s video about what my “favorite wrap” would look like and taste like, and this is what I came up with: a healthy FlatOut wrap, goat cheese, arugula, marinated mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, balsamic reduction, and best of all – basically zero effort.
It’s a meal you can make in less than 15 minutes, and it packs perfectly for an office or school lunch. Plus, since the sun is shinning and spring is right around the corner, it’s always nice to have a lighter lunch option on the menu. This for me is what heaven tastes like. What does your favorite wrap combo include? Seriously – let me know! I always love a good wrap idea. Also, don’t forget to check out the things happening on my Youtube channel, and subscribe to stay updated! (Also, subscribe to FlatOut too, ’cause their the best!) BYEEEE.