Excite & befuddle your tastebuds all at the same time.
Masala Chickpea Nachos
- 20-30 to rtilla chips
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt (sub coconut yogurt or sour cream)
- 1/2-3/4 cup easy masala sauce
Easy Masala Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (sub honey or sugar in the raw)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour, any kind
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- In a small pot heat your coconut milk and garlic over medium-high heat for your masala sauce.
- Once simmering, add your tomato paste and all of your spices. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take off heat and stir in your flour. Set aside and allow to thicken.
- On a baking sheet layer your chips, chickpeas, jalapenos and drizzle on your masala sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take nachos out of the oven, layer on your cashews, avocado, cilantro, avocado, and greek yogurt.
- EAT UP.
I’m over here in Flagstaff, just road tripping my butt off and cooking amazing nachos in a teeny tiny kitchen. I’m staying in a BEAUTIFUL airstream trailer that is decked out in vintage vibes, and I’m LOVING it. It’s not the easiest kitchen I’ve ever maneuvered around, but that just means that if I can make these nachos in a baby kitchen you can make them ANYWHERE. They are super-duper easy. And holy-freaking delicious.
Masala is traditionally an Indian flavor, so this may sound like a crazy combo, but I promise IT IS EVERYTHING. Your mouth will thank you for the flavor explosion. It’s spicy and sweet, and has layers of spice beyond anything regular nachos can achieve. Plus regular masala sauce has a ton of butter and heavy cream but mine doesn’t! It’s super clean for the eating – just with some coconut milk and tomato sauce as the liquids. You don’t need all that extra junk for these. You’re gonna get the flavor and not miss a single thing.
On top of these nachos being a flavor explosion – the chickpeas and cashews make it substantial enough to count as a meal! WOOO HOO. I’m always into that. And the avocado and greek yogurt add some healthy fats. That’s some freaking healthy nachos if you ask me. And you did ask me, cause you are here.
Okay well… that’s all for today. Keep up with all of my road trip shenanigans by following me on Snapchat (SN: brewinghappines) or on Instagram and Twitter. And I’ll be posting all of my photos from the road trip on to Facebook! So keep checking that out, especially if you wanna see my cute Air B&B airstream trailer.