*Cue chorus of heavenly angels and/or Mariachi band*
Mexican Hot Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- a dash of cayenne
- 3 ice cubes
- Throw all of your ingredients into a blender.
- Blend 'em up.
- Pour into your favorite glass, and drink up!
There are foods in this world that are so simple, yet so profound that your heart melts a little while you taste them. I think spicy chocolate is one of those foods. So I did a little brainstorming on how to “health-ify” this concept into one delicious meal. And out came this breakfast smoothie, which honestly could be a dessert smoothie as well! If you’re thinking, “I don’t want spicy food for breakfast!” You’re crazy. This smoothie is creamy, chocolatey, rich, sweet, and just at the very end you get a small kick of spice. It’s truly the perfect way to have both spicy and sweet for breakfast!
So what makes this “health-ified” you ask? Let’s dig in…
- Avocado adds healthy fats that will help you sustain energy throughout the day!
- The nut butter adds protein which will keep you full until lunch.
- There is NO refined sugar – it’s sweetened with dates!
- Cayenne pepper is great for boosting your metabolism.
- Cacao is full of antioxidants, keeping your body happy and healthy.
SLURP SLURP SLURP your way to success by having a secret dessert for breakfast!