This post was sponsored by Flatout Bread. Thank you for supporting the partnerships that allow Brewing Happiness to grow and exist. xoxo.
No Batter Nut Butter Crepes with Savory Granola and Caramelized Apples
- 4 Flatout Light Wraps
- 8 tablespoons nut butter
- 1 tablespoon vegan buttery spread
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds (sub raw almonds or cashews)
- ⅓ cup raw pistachio nutmeats (sub raw almonds or cashews)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fuji apples, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Start by mixing your dry savory granola ingredients. Add in nut butter and coconut oil, and mix well.
- Spread your granola evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Take out and let cool for 10-20 minutes.
- While your granola is baking, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, apples, and cinnamon. Sauté for 4-5 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- When ready to assemble crepes, heat a skillet over medium high heat, add non dairy butter and heat your Flatout Wrap on each side for about 3-5 seconds.
- Spread one side with 2 tablespoons of almond butter. Sprinkle granola, caramelized apples, and honey on one half of the wrap, then fold in half and fold in half again.
- EAT UP.
One of my favorite things about being a human is the thin line between dessert and breakfast. They are basically synonymous for each other. I mean, come on… DONUTS. Dessert or breakfast? MUFFINS. Dessert or breakfast? Pancakes. Dessert or breakfast? Pastries. Dessert or breakfast? You get it. The lines get blurry. And for a girl with as big of a sweet tooth as me, that’s an exciting prospect. So obvi, I love me some crepes.
However, traditional crepes are not only intimidating to make, they are generally layered with nutella and powdered sugar and other really not so great for your body type things. So when I found this No Batter “Crepe” video from FlatOut, I was basically astounded. It got me off the hook for having to figure out where to get one of those crepe scraper things. It also gave me the opportunity to “health-ify” the crepe experience.
You see, these crepes are made with Flatout’s Light Wraps, which have half the carbs and half the calories of regular flatbread. And although I’m not big on calorie counting or anything, it is nice to know that the wraps are light enough that you won’t feel weighed down at the end of your meal. And this way you can enjoy your nut butter and granola just a little bit more. Plus, the wraps make life just SO SIMPLE. All you have to do is heat it slightly on each side with some non dairy butter, then spread on your filling and FOLD. Who knew crepes could be this easy?!?
Now if you want to make this process even quicker by throwing on some granola you bought from the store, then go ahead and be my guest. However, the granola I make is my favorite granola ever. (I’m biased I know.) But I like that I know exactly what’s in it. And it’s simple to make. And it’s got a really unique sweet & salty combo. So I suggest trying it. But also, I understand that sometimes you don’t have the extra 30 minutes in life. And either way you deserve a crepe. No matter if you’re eating it for dessert or breakfast, it’s always crepe time.