Orange Blueberry Balsamic Sauce
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- Add blueberries and coconut sugar to a sauce pan and simmer over medium heat.
- Once the berries start bursting, use a spoon or a fork to mash down on the berries.
- Add in balsamic vinegar and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Take off heat, stir in orange juice and orange zest.
- Serve over salmon, chicken, turkey, or even ICE CREAM!
- EAT UP!
I went to dinner with my parents recently and they took me to a cute ‘lil restaurant in my hometown. (I won’t say the name – you’ll get why in a minute.) I’ve been there a few times before and the food was always *pretty* good. Not uh-mazing or life changing, but good. However this night… WOMP WOMP. I ordered a blackened salmon with a blueberry sauce and – woof -that sauce. That sauce coulda brought my grandma back to life. It was literally dessert. No flavor, just sugar. And my salmon was DROWNING in this sauce. It was not a “leave you wanting more” kinda situation. No, this was an “all hands on deck – we’re sinking fast” type situation.
To summarize, I basically drank a lot more wine than I consumed food that night. But I left with a mission – right the wrong that happened to my poor salmon. Make a sauce worth pouring over everything. Get it right, get it tight – if you will. So I did that. And hot damn. I’m about to put this on my salmon, my ice cream, bring it to Thanksgiving, and walk it down the isle. It’s definitely better than the one I had that fateful night. So I hope you enjoy, and you never have to rescue your salmon again.
As per tradition on “Saucy Sunday” I conclude my recipe with a list of things I found especially wonderful this week. So enjoy!
- Did you know that avocado production is killing the butterflies?
- I go from zero to hangry REAL QUICK, so I loved this article about what to make when you’re hangry.
- How gorgeous is this grilled romaine salad????
- I’m SOOO excited for Laura Miller’s new video series “Talking In Circles.”
- Sure, I’ll eat 18 bowls of Green Tea Granola. Cause YUM.