Because you’re busy and because pumpkin is DELICIOUS.
5-Minute Pumpkin Microwave Muffin
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (sub gluten-free all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (sub peanut or cashew)
- 1 teaspoon honey (sub agave nectar or coconut nectar)
- a dash of cinnamon
- In a large *microwave safe* mug or jar, mix together your oats, AP flour, flaxseed meal, coconut sugar, and baking powder.
- Once dry ingredients are mixed well, add in your coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and almond milk. Mix well.
- Smooth out the top of the "batter" and pop your mug or jar into the microwave for about 2 minutes. (I always like to check on it with 30 seconds to go.)
- Once cooked, take it out let it cool for a few seconds then top with your coconut flakes, almond butter, honey and cinnamon!
- DIG IN.
It’s fall, and I’m in Atlanta, Georgia now which means I’m gonna get actual fall weather for the first time in 6 years. This is a very big deal. So I’m ready to put on my sweater and boots, kick some leaves, drink a latte, and EAT EVERYTHING PUMPKIN. This trend starts right this minute, because I came up with something super exciting in my kitchen… it’s a microwave muffin that can be made in 5 minutes! No. It’s not the prettiest meal you will ever meet, but it tastes freaking delicious and it’s moist and it’s super healthy and it only takes 5 minutes to make. Plus, pumpkin.
Let’s get right into it. What makes this microwave muffin healthy?
- It’s dairy free!
- It can be made gluten-free!
- It’s refined sugar free! (Don’t worry that doesn’t mean it isn’t sweet or that it doesn’t taste good.)
- You’re eating vegetables for breakfast! (Pumpkin is a vegetable, remember?)
- It has flaxseed meal in it which will aid in digestion!
- The only oil used is coconut oil – so it’s filled with healthy fats!
BOOM. If that didn’t convince you, I don’t know what will.
The toppings on this bad boy are pretty necessary to your food-happiness ratio. Almond butter is going to add some protein to help keep you full till lunch. The coconut chips, honey, and cinnamon are simply for the mouth pleasure factor. So I guess it’s your choice, but you’d be choosing wrong if you left them off. Just sayin’…
Now I think the only thing to do is figure out what to do with the extra time we are gonna have in the mornings…