It’s fall and all I want to do is nest. I’m big into cozying up on my bed with a delicious snack and watching The Great British Baking Show these days. Recently I’ve been obsessed with this little mug muffin I created. It takes just 5 minutes to make, so you can be ready to watch your tv show or ready to head out the door in the morning in no time!
This muffin is healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but also delicious enough (with a little scoop of ice cream on top) to devour for dessert. So you choose! Plus, it’s individually sized so you never have to worry about all of those extra muffins sitting on your counter temping you to eat them.
Let’s get right into it. What makes this microwave muffin healthy?
- It’s dairy free!
- It can be made gluten-free!
- It’s refined sugar free! (Don’t worry that doesn’t mean it isn’t sweet or that it doesn’t taste good.)
- You’re eating vegetables for breakfast! (Pumpkin is a vegetable, remember?)
- It has flaxseed meal in it which will aid in digestion!
- The only oil used is coconut oil – so it’s filled with healthy fats!
BOOM. If that didn’t convince you, I don’t know what will. I hope you fill your Fall (and Winter) with cozy treats that make you feel good inside and out. xo.
5-Minute Pumpkin Microwave Muffin
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (sub gluten-free all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons non dairy milk
- ice cream
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- almond butter
- a dash of cinnamon
- In a large *microwave safe* mug or jar, mix together your oats, AP flour, flaxseed meal, coconut sugar, and baking powder.
- Once dry ingredients are mixed well, add in your coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and almond milk. Mix well.
- Smooth out the top of the "batter" and pop your mug or jar into the microwave for about 2 minutes. (I always like to check on it with 30 seconds to go.)
Once cooked, take it out let it cool for a few seconds then top with your favorite toppings!