Pumpkin Spice Juice Cooler
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 small gala apples, cored and diced
- 2 heaping cups pineapple, cored and diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
To make in a high speed blender:
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth, until only juice is left.
- Serve over ice with apple slices and a dash of pumpkin spice!
- DRINK UP.
To make in a juicer:
- Add each ingredient on it's own to the settings specified by your juicer.
- Once juiced, mix with water and pumpkin spice.
- Pour over ice and serve with apple slices and a dash of pumpkin spice.
- DRINK UP.
I like to joke that my current eating habits are the cross section between corn nuggets (basically fried pockets of sweet corn – holla if you’ve been to Chicken Express), and juice cleanses. I do love me some Southern fried goodness, and I also love some mumbo jumbo health craze foods. And I’m okay with that. Because I’ve realized that sometimes the “middle ground” isn’t a nice balance between the two, but rather it means bouncing back and forth between extremes. Whatever. I’m an Georgia-California blend and it makes no sense. I feel no angst about it.
Anyway, the bougie juice cleanse side of me has been craving something that tastes like fall but feels like “detoxing.” (Whatever the heck that means.) I did a little grocery store scan for inspiration on this subject and *wham* along comes this juice idea. I was perusing my local Sprouts Farmers Market for the pumpkin things (cause every grocery store is full on pumpkin crazy at this point) and I found this Pumpkin Spice Juice. There it was. The idea of a lifetime. Pumpkin + juice = MAGIC.
So now I’m sitting in my apartment, looking out my big, open windows and feeling a soft breeze flow through my room. The sun is on my face and I’m sipping this bright orange cooler, feeling like life is really big and cool and more beautiful than I can comprehend. It’s a pretty great feeling.
Fall always makes me feel like that. It’s as if the crisp air “detoxes” my mind and cleans out all of the things I no longer need to hold onto. There’s more room for hopefulness, I see the world with brighter eyes. I feel like I can breathe easier.
It’s the perfect time of year for juice. Forget those heavy, sugary PSLs. It’s not cold enough yet and there are better things to put into your body. Plus, like, isn’t it time for a new trend? I think so. So let’s get Pumpkin Spice Juice Coolers trending. Feel that fall breeze, drink some pumpkin juice, and live your best life. K KEWL.