This post was sponsored by Flatout Bread. Thank you for supporting the partnerships that allow Brewing Happiness to grow and exist. xoxo.
Smokey Tempeh BLT Wrap with Sundried Tomato Mayo
- 6-7 FlatOut Rosemary & Olive Oil Artisan Thin Pizza Crust
- 1 8 oz package of tempeh, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (sub liquid aminos)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup (sub honey)
- 6-7 slices of monterey jack cheese (sub vegan cheese)
- 1 7 oz bag of butter lettuce (sub mixed greens)
- 2 cups sliced heirloom tomatoes (sub roma, cherry, or beefsteak)
Sundried Tomato Mayo
- 2/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1/3 cup canned sundried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Preheat oven to 350.
Slice your tempeh and lay it flat in a baking pan.
In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, liquid smoke, and maple syrup. Pour the liquid over your tempeh.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Meanwhile, add your sundried tomatoes and garlic clove to a blender or food processor. Blend as well as you can.
Add in mayo, nutritional yeast, oregano, and basil and gently blend until well combined, on a low setting.
When ready to assemble, spread a thin layer of Sundried Tomato Mayo all over one side of your FlatOut Wrap. Add one slice of cheese, a hand full of lettuce, a few tomato slices, and about 3 slices of smokey tempeh to each wrap. Roll up tightly.
Pack for lunch or EAT UP.
My sister: “What do you usually eat for lunch?”
Me: “I don’t know. Sometimes leftovers, sometimes I just snack in the middle of the day.”
My sister: “UGH. I never know what to eat. I hate lunch.”
So often I feel more than discouraged when trying to figure out what to make for lunch. For some reason it’s so hard to master. And it’s even harder to figure out a meal that you can take on-the-go. Well now, thanks to FlatOut Wraps and a little brainstorming on my end I’VE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT. This wrap combo is not only super easy to make. It’s really friggin’ delicious. Basically it’s a vegetarian version of the classic BLT sandwich. But mine is health-ified (DUH.) So I traded out the greasy bacon for some protein-packed smokey tempeh. Then I made a really delicious creamy sundried tomato mayo, made with vegan mayo instead of the real stuff. And then that’s it. You can add real cheese or vegan cheese, lettuce, and tomato and BOOM. Lunch crisis is solved.
I have made a few other lunches that I like to put on rotation along with this one, so that I avoid the lunch burnout. I can’t eat the same lunch for more than a few days before I’m sick of it. So if you’re like me, here are a few other lunch ideas you could go for…
- 5 Minute Chickpea Salad Wraps
- Marinated Mushroom and Goat Cheese Wraps
- Crispy Orange Tofu Collard Wrap
- BBQ Tofu Wrap with Pickled Veggies & Lemon Dill Aioli
- Beet Burger Greek Wrap
- Vegetarian Mexican Chicken Salad Wraps