Because we can’t eat french fries every day.
Spicy Carrot Fries with Honey-Tahini Aioli
Carrot Fry Ingredients:
- 6 carrots, chopped into halves and then quartered to make fry-like shapes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- a dash of cayenne
Honey-Tahini Aioli Ingredients
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey (sub maple syrup or coconut nectar)
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Chop your carrots, and put them into a medium sized bowl.
- Add in your oil and spices and toss the carrots until they are evenly covered.
- Lay carrots flat onto a nonstick baking tray, and put them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Toss the carrots after 15-20 minutes.
- While the carrots are baking, mix all of your Honey-Tahini Aioli ingredients together into a small bowl until well incorporated.
- Once your carrot fries are done, dip 'em in that aioli and EAT UP.
French fries are my happy place. They are the number one food I want to eat on the day I die, and if I could I would eat them every day I was living. (But I think that would make the dying come faster…) So often I turn to yummy alternatives to hold me over to my next fix. *I swear I’m not addicted, THEY ARE JUST SO DANG GOOD.* But guess what??? So are these CARROT FRIES! And the carrot fries are like 800% healthier than the regular old stuff. So I’m all in for that. The texture is essentially like an oven baked sweet potato fry, and the taste is actually pretty close to that too – soft, and crispy, and slightly charred plus you have all those spicy spices complimenting the sweetness of the carrots. It’s a pretty great mouth party.
OMG y’all can we discuss the dipping sauce I put together? Literally 3 ingredients, and it’s like HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH. Imagine honey mustard, sorta… but then add this magical nutty, robust flavor and the creamiest, dreamiest texture ever. And that is the taste in your mouth at the end of this thing. It pairs perfectly with the spicy kick of the seasoning on the fries. Your mouth is gonna be one happy camper.
All it takes is 30 minutes of your time, and basically 0 kitchen skills to make these puppies. So I would call that a win-win-carrot fry. So go ahead and try ’em, if you don’t like them – you probably won’t get your money back. haha. Sorry bout that. But I’m guessing there is a 99.89% you will like them, so the odds are pretty great.