This post was sponsored by Flatout Bread. Thank you for supporting the partnerships that allow Brewing Happiness to grow and exist. xoxo.
Summer Fruit & Cheese Board with Grilled Mango Chutney
Grilled Mango Chutney:
- 3 nearly ripe mangos
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce (sub Sriracha)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Fruit & Cheese Board Ingredients:
- 3 Flatout Light Original Wraps
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 4-6 slices of watermelon
- pineapple chunks
- sharp cheddar cheese
- chicken breast slices
- Brasil nuts
- mint leaves
- Heat a grill to 300-350. Cut your mangos into large chunks and slice off the skin. Met your ghee and drizzle it over your mango. Place onto the grates and close your grill. Cook on each side for 7-10 minutes, until it has nice char marks. Take it off the grill and chop your mango into small pieces.
- Heat a sauce pan over high heat, add olive oil and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds add in all other chutney ingredients. Bring the pan to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Take off heat, and set aside.
- While your chutney is cooking, brush watermelon and pineapple with ghee or oil and grill in the same way you grilled your mango. Once charred, set aside.
- After grilling your fruit, brush your Flatout Light Original Wraps with ghee or oil. Grill on each side for 2-3 minutes. Once browned, cut into triangles and add it to a serving platter.
- Add all other fruit & cheese board ingredients to the same serving platter and add your grilled mango chutney when it's finished.
- EAT UP.
I’m a sweaty person. Like, really sweaty. Not cute, glistening sweat, but rolling down your face sweat. It’s genetic. I got it from my dad who got it from his dad. And in the summer in the south I can’t even pretend to be a dainty person. I used to try to fake it. Like in the car with my old boyfriend, I’d put my feet up on the dash to avoid creating a sweat puddle in his leather seat. But then he’d yell at me (he really liked his car), so I’d put my legs down and create a pool of revenge sweat. Now I’ve stopped trying to be cute. I’ve just embraced it.
In high school I was a lifeguard and I grew up on the swim team. My summers growing up were outside all the time either running around or swimming in the pool. So it’s partially nostalgia and partially the fact that everyone is as sweaty as I am that makes me love summer. I come alive in summer. I feel like I was made for sunshine and watermelon and long, hot days. Last year I even threw a summer solstice party, because I feel like it is the calendar version of my soul. I crave that intense heat. It’s in my blood.
So anytime I can break out the grill and have a little picnic, I’m a happy camper. Luckily I’m living with my sister and her husband right now so I have access to a grill and a beautiful backyard. In honor of the sunshine, I put together this little fruit and cheese board for my sister and I, and I threw in some grilled mango chutney ’cause DUH.
I always feel like when it’s this hot it’s hard to eat heavy foods. So I stuck to mostly fruit and nuts on this board, with the addition of grilled Flatout Original Light Wraps. They’re delicious and crisp up to be the perfect chutney scooper, but they don’t make you feel overly heavy and full. It’s the perfect summer treat.
Next picnic or summer grill out, you know what you need to make. (Hint: it’s grilled mango chutney.) I hope you enjoy it in all it’s sunshine-filled glory, and I hope you think of me when beads of sweat start to pour down your face. Enjoy the sunshine you beautiful humans. xoxo