Hey y’all I’m Haley. I’m the creator, photographer, writer, recipe maker, and human being behind Brewing Happiness. Let’s begin at the beginning…
I was born and raised in the South, and consequently my love for fried foods, sweet tea, and pie started at a very early age. And like so many other people in this world, I paid 0% attention to what went into my body. I just wanted to eat what was delicious. Then I moved to Los Angeles, became an adult, and decided that it was important to figure out what foods made my body happy. And guess what? It wasn’t the fried chicken biscuit I grew up with. But it also wasn’t the bitter kale smoothie craze from LA. It was somewhere in the middle – in between my southern roots and my LA heart. The place that’s health-ier than where I was before, but not so restrictive that I feel like I can’t be a human in the world. I believe health shouldn’t be hard. It should be a series of small choices and changes that make huge differences in our lives.
- Brewing Happiness is NOT a place for me to judge your current eating habits.
- Brewing Happiness is NOT a place to feel badly that your produce doesn’t come from an organic local farm, or that you and your family eat the occasional steak or fast food dinner.
- Brewing Happiness is a place where we celebrate the strength it takes to choose fruit instead of a candy bar.
- Brewing Happiness does honor the fact that some days are salad days and some days are French fry days.
- Brewing Happiness is a place for you to ask questions, challenge yourself, and take small steps toward a health-ier life.
So you want pizza? Or chicken nuggets? Or the best dang salad of your life? You will find “health-ified” versions of all of these recipes right here, along with as many suggestions on how to make each dish fit your lifestyle. So take a load off, prop your feet up, and welcome to the middle ground. (Yes, you are allowed to live here.) Yes, you are allowed to have it all – salty & sweet, salad & french fries, healthy & happy.
New to this healthy thing? Please feel free to ask me any questions via email (haley(at)brewinghappiness.com) or just comment below. Because healthy is a journey that never ends, so we might as well have some fun along the way.